West Hartford Youth Field Hockey's
1. Our goal is not to promote individuals, but to promote skill development, sportsmanship, team play and love of the sport.
2. Create and maintain grade level programs focused on teaching fundamental skills and introducing low-key competition with similar programs in nearby towns in Hartford County.
3. Creating a challenging, engaging, learning environment where children of differing levels of skill and physical development can learn and enjoy the game of field hockey.
4. Playing time to all participants.
5. Providing equal attention and support to all participants.
6. Engaging adults and experienced high school players to teach, coach and referee the scrimmages and games in which WHYFH players participate.
7. Providing access to safe, well maintained fields with appropriate equipment and uniforms.
8. To incorporate a nutritional awareness and a health centered lifestyle into our daily practice .
9. To support these young athletes and teach them the skills to achieve their potential and future goals.